Friday, August 6, 2010

Who doesn't like Bimbos?

Strollin' into the glorious Walmart in which I grace my presence today and I notice they redid the sales wall. This is good because there's usually cheap food. I like food... especially when it's cheap.

And then I see this:

My first question is who in the hell decided this would be a good name for a company? Can you imagine the conversation that lead up to that one?

D-Bag #1 - So what do you think we should call this new company? Super Duper Bread?

D-Bag #2 - That's not a bad idea, but it needs something more....

D-Bag #1 - How about 'Natural Super Duper Bread'?

D-Bag #2 - Hmmm I think it's missing something, but I can't quite put my finger on it

D-Bag #3 talking to D-Bag #4 in the background - Dude she was suchhhh a bimbo, I mean good lord man

D-Bag #2 - That's it! Bimbo!

D-Bag #1 - My god man, that's genius!
Then they give it a cute little bear mascot, because as we all know, the word bimbo causes us all to think of a pillsbury doughboy rip off and not of a stacked blond with the intelligence of a yak.

And then if that wasn't enough it has to be 'Soft, White, Family Bimbo' bread.

Really? A soft white family bimbo? That sounds like a show on Fox or the CW.

On this day, Bimbo Bread company, I salute you. Just not in the normal way I'd salute a bimbo.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Phat, you've only now discovered Bimbo Bakeries? You must not have had many Mexicans wherever you lived before. I've giggled at their delivery trucks since elementary school.

(The name means nothing in Spanish, of course.)

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Bimbo is a HUGE company in Mexico. Obviously, it doesn't have the same meaning there as here.

You see their signs and trucks everywhere in Mexico. Because of labor laws they make bread cheaper than many US companies, so a lot of chains are importing from them.

So much for Wal-Mart's "we buy American" campaign.

Phathead said...

Well this is a new area of me. I used to think the area I was at previously was pretty diverse.

Obviously I was wrong.

Rei said...

Makes me wonder if they were looking for words that meant cheap. The Japanese word for poor person is Binbo lol!

Phathead said...

Well my thing is, wasn't there one person who spoke English in the room to point out that perhaps a name change for this country may be in order?