Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's Over... It's Finally Over

Today was just another day... well aside from the fact of earning the joy of working with the owner.

Since its spring break, and after my recent waitlist notice, I have avoided my school email. With no school, there was nothing pertinent being sent to that particular email account. I figured I needed a break and would check all of my email accounts to kill time.

My account consisted of one email from yesterday.... from one of the schools I applied to.

I am finally relieved to say I know what I shall be doing this fall. That email stated that I was accepted into their program as their Class of 2014.

After staring at the screen for what seemed like hours, I was able to mutter a 'Holy Shit' as I stepped away from the screen.

It's not my first choice... or my seconds... actually its my last choice, but who the hell cares? This entire ordeal is over and a new chapter is set to begin.

It still hasn't fully sunk in yet and I doubt it will completely for several days. I write this now in a state of disbelief, especially when I consider how bleak the prospect looked four years ago.

As I end those post I want those of you who dig yourself in a hole as great as mine that there is hope. You just have to work your ass off 24/7 to earn it back.

Thus, the title of this blog should no longer be "I want to be a pharmacist..." but instead "I will be a pharmacist..."

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You will be a great pharmacist!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Although the journey to get into pharmacy school has ended, the journey to become a pharmacist has just begun. Enjoy the feeling of being accepted into the profession. Hope you can sleep tonight!

Pharmgirl said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait to hear about the next chapter in your journey!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ! Hope this acceptance will be followed by many others (included your 1st choice)!

John said...

That's awesome. I hope everything works out for you, and perhaps your first few choices get you off their waitlist and you get accepted at other places. Will you be sharing which school you will be going to in the end?

maui wowie said...

Good going, man! Perhaps you'll get accepted into one of the programs that you see as a better fit, so still keep your fingers crossed. I hope everything works out for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! By reading your posts, I've become a fan. Congrats dude, you have earned it!

~Night owl in Texas

Deb said...

That is wonderful news. Congratulations!!!

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Congratulations, Phat!

BigEvilRx said...

CONGRATULATIONS! This is AWESOME!

DisasterCh1ck said...

Yay! This is such a good thing. Congratulations, Phat!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations! I hope I can say this in a few years too :)

was1 said...

CONGRATS! (I can't spell congratulations). Hope you keep us posted on future happenings.

You've been stringing us along for quite some time, now. Since its a done deal, maybe its time to let the cat(s) out of the bag. I'm curious to know to which schools you applied and where they ranked on your wish list and why. Your experience and insight could be valuable to others interested in the art and science of pharmacy.

Good luck going forward.

John Woolman said...

Good on you! :-)

Frantic Pharmacist said...

Congratulations! Now we can look forward to your observations on pharmacy education today -- hopefully you'll have time to keep writing!

zanesta said...

congrats! i love your blog. you are sooo funny! :) i hope i get in next year... *crosses fingers*

Melissa said...

I'm proud of you Cousin! I called Grandma to tell her as soon as I found out yesterday. Sorry! I was just so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Phathead said...

Thank you everyone.

was - I'm probably not going to state where I will be going. I'm going to keep this going while I'm in school and would like to remain anon if I can. I might mention where I applied to once I make my final decision.

OMDG said...

Yay! You're going to be a pharmacist! Congratulations!

xtine said...

Congrats!

Ellen said...

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to reading all about your adventures in Pharmacy school!!

The Redheaded Pharmacist said...

Congrats Phat, if you're crazy enough to actually want to be a pharmacist after all you have seen at work so far then you'll fit right in with the rest of us, lol. Seriously congrats, it is a wonderful feeling to know that a burden like being accepted into pharmacy school is behind you. Now you'll have the trials that come with going through school but it will be worth it in the end. Just remember that when you have a bad day in school and are wondering why you are doing what you do! You'll be a great pharmacist when it is all said and done and the first step, getting accepted into school, is already behind you!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! Congrats - I'm so happy for you! I hope to hear the same news within the next few weeks. It truly has been a rough road, but it will be so worth it when I finally get accepted, too.

Lisa G said...

Congrats! Glad to hear that the wait is over :)

Anonymous said...

I am very happy for you. My son is currently a P3 home on spring break so I know that pharmacy school is not only challenging to get into but also to complete. Nonetheless it is so worth it. I know you will persevere and do just fine.