Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Way To Piss Me Off

I am currently stuck with.. lets say a less than desirable TV provider. Okay, I take it back, I would really like to burn their HQ down, but that's another blog post from a jail cell.

Honestly I don't need to watch a ton of TV. There are a handful of shows that I watch on a dedicated basis (House, Castle, Dexter and Top Chef come to mind) and when I do watch it, it's usually something nerdy.

I'm also a bit of an insomniac. Most of these posts are written well after 10pm. In fact, I'm not much of a morning person at all. What makes this even more trying is that I despise coffee.

How's that for cruel?

So when I'm wide awake late at night, as I am right now, I start surfin my usual late night channels. Namely History, Nat Geo, Discovery, Smithsonian HD and Food Network. On nights like tonight, there's not a whole lot to choose from.

Ah, but nights like tonight are made that much worse by my shitty cable provider.

You see back in early July, we were informed that they would be adding a few new HD channels, one of which would be The Science Channel. Now I don't get the non-HD version, so naturally the inner nerd in me was jumping up and down.

Seriously. If I hadn't found pharmacy I probably would have gone into astrophysics or something of that nature.

Now, on nights like tonight, I see all of the awesome shows on The Science Channel... except I cannot watch them. You see the channel appears, but I cannot access it. It's the only channel I'm supposed to have, that I cannot view.

They blame it on a local outage. An outage which has lasted six weeks and counting. And it only effects one freakin' channel.

Right.

Here I sit, itchin' to watch Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman and I cannot. It's like a kick in the balls, if a nerd does have balls that is.

Maybe since I don't have anything to watch I should go and burn that building down... maybe they took my stapler too.

Bastards.

2 comments:

Frantic Pharmacist said...

I cringe every time I get my cable bill every month. Talk about gouging people for a load of crap. I guess watching crap in HD is supposed to be better.... unless it's Lipitor HD, that is..

Misch said...

That was a really good show!! Sorry you missed it.