Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What I Do For Fun....

Note: I had to kinda scrunch the videos to get them to fit within the width of the blog, so if you want to see them in their full glory, click the video again to go to it's specific page

This is something I've been meaning to put together for quite a while, but just never gone around to it. When I mention I'm a fan of motorsports and that I participate on a virtual level I often see people roll their eyes. To them, they think it's something that's not overly challenging because they 'drive' every day.

Thus, I present to you two examples. The first is from the Star Mazda that I am currently battling for a championship in. Car info is HERE. This is a lap from Laguna Seca, the track we were racing on this past weekend. It's probably best known for is corkscrew which is a freakin' blast to drive thru if you nail it correctly. This isn't the cleanest lap by any means, but it was still the fastest lap in my division for the week.




Now I don't have any good videos of oval racing (yet), but recently they had the Late Models (Car info HERE) run at a road course called Lime Rock Park. Since these are oval cars on a road course, they are a bit of a handful. This is a video during race as I jump up from 4th to 2nd and you can get an idea that there does take a bit of skill to wheel these bad boys.



Anywho, that's what I do now that I'm unemployed. Pharmacy posts will resume shortly... I promise

No comments: