Sunday, June 27, 2010

I'm Tired of the Whining

If there is one thing my generation knows how to do, it's how to whine. I've often been told by those older and more wise than I that once upon a time, people took things in stride. My generation, so they say, likes to nitpick and complain whenever given the opportunity.

To a certain extent, I believe this to be true. We live in an instantaneous satisfaction society now and that is one of the byproducts.

But good god am I getting sick of the whining.

If I see one more person discussing what they're fall back options will be when they finish pharmacy school and can't find a job, I may smack them upside the head with a 2x4. God forbid you actually have to distinguish yourself in a way other than having a Pharm.D. and perhaps look outside your comfort zone for a job.

It annoys me. Really, really annoys me. I am about to start a job as a cashier for Walmart. Does it suck? You bet your ass it does, but I'm not bitching about it. It's a small hiccup in an otherwise long road.

The doom and gloom about the future job market seems to be saturating my peers. Sweeping generalizations are applied simply because someone cannot find a job in a particular area.

Again, it's fucking annoying.

Am I going to have to put up with this for the next four years? Am I going to need to invest in several cases of Johnnie Walker?

Or am I completely missing something here?

6 comments:

StudyRx said...

You're completely missing the point.....

Nah, I'm just kidding. I often have these inner monologues with myself. Where I always understand and contemplate how the world works and what the right thing to do is. Sometimes life feels like a buildup of previous skills and lessons learned. I would offer the idea that many people are concerned about what others think, and at times I fit in that category. We all just have to get comfortable with ourselves. You seem to be doing that.

A few years ago I realized that I didn't rightly fit in anywhere when I was trying to fit in. This you can guess was High School. Now 9 years later, I am an experienced person who has quite a few interesting stories. It has all stemmed from doing things uniquely different and attempting to follow a new route compared to previous attempts by those around me. So I gave up on the philosophy of fitting in, and began my trip to comfortable. The only regrets I have now are from the times I spent trying to fit in. All the whining, I think stems from peer acknowledgement.

At least, that is my understanding.

Anonymous said...

bitching about the whining again mr. phathead?

Anonymous said...

Not trying to be mean... but aren't you whining about people that are whining?

Anonymous said...

How about one whining about how much it costs to go to jail. You have to pay for soap, shampoo, pit shit. I have an idea...DON'T DO THE CRIME.

Phathead said...

Hmmm touche all

Mad Pharmacy Tech said...

I always find myself starting to complain about whining, then I realize that 90% of what I write is me whining about something.