Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Well I'll Be....

My best friend and I have this mantra that keeps us going on a daily basis. Namely that life has a tendency to kick you down. Doesn't matter how high you get, it'll always come back and roundhouse kick you in the balls.

What matter is that despite that, you are able to rise above it and come fighting back. Yes, things may be dreary at that particular moment, but everything happens for a reason and eventually you'll claw back.

With that, I feel the need to share that I received a second acceptance letter at the end of last week. This school is a lot more favorable choice than the first school that accepted me, so I am liable to go there instead.

It's a rather odd feeling knowing less than a week ago I was wondering if I would have to find a job in the fall, and now I hold in my had two acceptance letters.

I guess our mantra works out after all.

And before you ask, I have not decided if I will disclose where I will either decline or be rejected from. The school I'm declining this week is.... well I was very unimpressed with them. Case in point, there was a spelling error in my acceptance email. I find things like that to be EXTREMELY unprofessional, especially considering what the email pertained to.

Additionally it is a fairly major institution, so I'm not sure if I want to burn any bridges. I'm not looking to make any enemies around here and don't want to start pharmacy school with people having preconceived perceptions about me.

Maybe when everything is all said and done I'll reveal a couple of my choices. Until then, y'all will have to just keep wondering...

8 comments:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Awesome.

jhartf2 said...

Love your blog! Have you heard anything about the job market for pharmacists where you want to settle down? I'm a second year student, and I have heard that it will be pretty dismal by the time we get out. I hope everything works out for you!

Phathead said...

Ironically jhartf2, that is the focus of my next post that should be up in the next day or so.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! and just to follow up with jhartf2 the job market is pretty dismal everywhere right now and I don't see things getting better specially for new grads. There are some limited options in rural areas but not like it used to be.

Frantic Pharmacist said...

Sweeeeettttt !!!

Pharmgirl said...

Congratulations!

And please DON'T tell us what school you'll attend. Things you post on your blog can and will be read by your deans or your employers, who can and will punish you for anything they don't like. Protect yourself by staying anonymous.

Anonymous said...

Dismal job market? I thought there was a shortage of pharmacists. My son is a P3. I hope he can find work next year.

Anonymous said...

As a professional don't name names. Don't burn any bridges and as pharmagirl said your blog will be read so it is best to keep your anonymity.