Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Trip From Hell: Follow Up

Well I'll be damned. I opened my email this morning to a nicely worded letter from the airline that I had problems with during my trip.

Essentially the recognized the problem I had, but were limited into how they could respond to the situation. The figured out who the employee in question was and would be having a word with her. To top it off they gave me a $150 credit towards my next flight with them.

Granted, it does not cover all of the extra expense I had to endure, but I sure as hell did not expect to receive anything back from them.

Maybe the airlines aren't as bad as they're made out to be.

4 comments:

xtine said...

Fantastic!

That story deserves to be sent into consumerist (tips@consumerist.org)

They'll be even more surprised than you are :P

PharmJam said...

Now you just need a destination...Vegas again?

Glad to hear you got something back though!

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Yeah, but notice they didn't give you the money back.

Phathead said...

Jam - I am actually going back to Vegas in May for my best friends wedding, although I do not think I'll use it for that