Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Patient Formally Known as Josh

*Phone rings*

Phathead: "Good afternoon, Shittiest Pharmacy in the World"

"Hey how's it goin bud, its Josh! Is my Adderall ready?"

Phathead: "Um... ok, what's your last name Josh?"

"You don't know my last name? If you don't know my last name then, why should I give it to you?"

Phathead: "If you want to know if your prescription is ready, I have to know your last name"

"Since you don't know who I am, I'm not comfortable giving you my last name."

Phathead: "Ok...."

"Fine I'm taking my business elsewhere."

*Click*

I am such a grade A asshole for asking for the patients last name...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow I think they missed the boat giving him adderall.

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Maybe he's in the witness protection program?

You're such a scumbag for asking for his last name.

EC said...

I absolutely HATE these customers. We're not friends, we don't go out for drinks, we don't wave to each other at the grocery store.... how am I supposed to know who "kim" is???? Then they get mad, like we're the bad person. Sheesh. We deal with hundreds of customers a day and ubers of names. This is one of my pet peeves.

Mike said...

Absolutely despicable. How are you not on a first name basis with every single customer in what is likely a busy pharmacy with countless customers being served on a daily basis?