Friday, November 13, 2009

Rx America has Enlightened Me

It was the last script of a the day. Instead of the typical stressful hectic day, this one had been exceedingly slow. I swear, running 30 scripts during a day is just as bad, if not worse, than running 400.

In any case I was filling one last script before scampering home for the night. I made a dyslexic mistake and build for the wrong days supply. It was for Ibuprofen 800mg so I was not overly concerned when I saw the reject pop up. I moseyed on over to my rejection screen and saw this:

Drug Overdose... Max Daily Dose = 4.5123144
Really? I mean we dispense 0.5123144 tablets ALL THE FUCKING TIME. It reminds me of when a PA sends us a script for Amoxicillin 713.6mg. I understand they need to be somewhat specific, but this is just ridiculous.

And no, it was not an Rx number or some other piece of information posted near the dose. I had three other people look at it, to make sure I wasn't losing my freakin' mind, and they all came to the same conclusion.

So on this lovely Friday evening, I feel I must thank you Rx America for enlightening me on the proper dosage for Ibuprofen 800mg. I know I will truly never make this mistake again.

No comments: