Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I Have Pharmacy Superpowers

Anyone any pharmacy is aware of the thrill of a perfect pour. For the uninitiated, this happens when you pour the precise amount of mediation on the tray that you need to fill a particular prescription. I realize this sounds completely trivial, but honestly its the small things like this which make otherwise hectic days terrible.

In some stores if you have a perfect pour, and it is verifiable, you've earned yourself a ten minute break out of the pharmacy or perhaps the pharmacist on duty will by you a soda or something.

I have one upped the perfect pour.

This actually occurred a couple weeks back and I had forgotten about it until flipping through the photos on my phone last night. I will leave you to guess what medication it was, but you first must marvel in the handiwork.


Have you witnessed anything so beautiful? The contents were evenly stacked like this all the way around. I have never had something stack to efficiently on its own before. It's almost as if I was touched by the hands of the pharmacy gods that day.

And now you know my powers... and I hope you all are insanely jealous.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

We call those Exactas. And the pursuit of such Exacta-Zen. There are standards of practice of course and if you can get 3 qualified Exactas in a row, you can go home. I have never had 3 in a row, ever, in 22 years. But I keep pursuing the goal!!

My guess is that those are prenatal vitamins. Am I close?

Phathead said...

That is a freaking awesome name for those.

And they are not prenatals

Deb said...

looks like cipro 500mg's to me.

Could also be calcium tabs.

You realize I'll be thinking about this all day at work now.

As for the perfect pour, in our pharmacy there is no reward! Except bragging rights. I get about 1-2 a week.

~Deb (tech in Ontario)

EC said...

If somebody gets a perfect pour we yell out, "Perfect pour! Can I go home now?"

That stacking is amazing. I'm in awe. I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what that is. Verapamil? Neh. Potassium? Neh. You gotta tell me.

Anonymous said...

IBUPROFEN 600 OR 800mg??

Phathead said...

Ooooh and Calcium 600 + D is the winner!

Too bad I don't have any good prizes to offer