Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pooping Is Deadly

"But she's gonna die with out themmmmmmmmmmmmm!"

"Ma'am, I'm sorry, but there is nothing I can do. I can get something close to it, but our hands are tied until Monday."

"It has to be the kind she always gets otherwise she could die!"

"Ma'am, your daughter will not die if I have to give her a different brand of diapers for the weekend"

Yes, that was an actual exchange I had this morning with a customer. This particular customer, who's daughter has cerebral palsy, always comes in on Saturday mornings to order her daughters diapers. No matter how many times I tell her to give us a one day lead time (it's really improbable to keep four and a half cases of diapers on hand at all times) she always comes on the weekend when we have no way of getting anything until Monday.

Today, however, she moved into the realm of a toddler's tantrum. Very easily we could have simply given them a pack of a similar product that would work for at least two days free of charge. Honestly, it's not the young girl's fault her mother can't plan ahead and she should not suffer for it.

Alas, it appears we were trying to kill her daughter this morning. That's what pharmacy is all about, killing patients. And we all know how incredibly deadly pooping your pants can be.

If I'm ever the head of Pampers and, less face it, stranger things have happened in my life, perhaps I shall devise a marketing plan around this idea.

"Pampers... or your baby will die!" - And then cut to a shot of Christopher Walken cackling.

At least I know I have a future in another field if need be.

No comments: