Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Batman Has Returned

Man it's been a long time since I've done any crime fighting and I completely forgot how enjoyable it can be.

So I'm filling in at a store for the day, a store I typically do not work at, and thus far it has been rather uneventful. I decide to take a minute to go replenish my empty Mountain Dew bottle when I see a gentleman sitting in chairs.

He looks familiar, but I can't place him. God that pisses me off when that happens. I ask the clerk if he's waiting, she replies yes, so I go to check the name to satisfy my own curiosity.

I look at the name and it dawns on me on who it is.

Now for a little back history;

A few weeks back we had a script set up for delivery go missing. For whatever reason our clerk had left them on the edge of the counter and went about with the rest of her work. Of course it would have to be a hydrocodone/apap script. At about the same time a guy and his wife show up to pick up some prescription. Noticing the delivery and its location he and his wife devise a fairly sophisticated system to grab the prescription.

Gotta hand it to them, this was one of the most sophisticated, and ballsy, maneuver that I have seen yet. This was in front of other customers and everyone in the pharmacy. Thank God I wasn't working that day.

Anywho we figured out what happened, watched the video and had been working for a week to put together a case against him.

Low and behold the same dude, with his wife, was sitting in chairs. When I looked at the scripts I realized that they were for him, but with a different name and birthday. For hydrocodone and diazepam. And he wanted to pay cash.

Jackpot.

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, Batman!


I exit the pharmacy immediately so he doesn't recognize me as he is a regular at my main store.

I quickly call my manager to let her know of the situation and she is flabbergasted that he would even attempt such a thing after what he did previously. Now we have to figure out if we can confirm that it is actually the same person. I'm only 95% sure it's him, but I don't want to get an innocent man arrested.

So I tell our pharmacist to pull out the HIPPA forms and ask him to see an ID. I watch the pharmacist talk to him over the security cameras, but then the guy and his wife exit the store The RPh comes back and says that he didn't have one on him.

Rats, plan foiled. Or is it?

A few minutes later he strolls back in the store with an ID. An ID with his REAL name on it.

What a fucking dumbass.

I spring in to motion calling 911 and give them the details of the situation. They state they'll send some officers to our location immediately.

Wicked.

Then I notice, for whatever reason, they are letting him leave after paying for the scripts. I grab two co-workers and tell them to go outside by the parking lot and get info on the vehicle they get into. As he leaves, they come back in and tell me what they saw.

I call dispatch back and update them. As I'm relaying all the details the dispatcher goes "And..... we got them, thanks." and then hangs up.

Turns out the guy took about thirty hydrocodone 10/500mg and 20 diazepam 10mg as he was being pulled over. Naturally he OD'd, but they managed to empty his stomach upon arrival at the local hopsital.

He had a few other warrants out as well, so upon being released from the hospital he was tossed in the clink. At least we can find him when we finish our case against him now.

I decided to go to the urgent care, which is just down the road from us, where he had gotten the Rxs to talk to the doc. I wanted to know if there were any other scripts floating out there because this guy obviously had cojones of epic proportion.

When I explained to him the situation he was shocked. Apparently he came in with a neck brace and, what appeared to be, spasms. Then, naturally, he became very pissed off and flagged the hell out of his profile(s) in their system.

The next day we found out that he had pulled the same thing at two other Urgent Cares and had them called into two other pharmacies.

But I foiled his evil plan muhahahahahahhaha.

Seriously what bad luck does this son of a bitch have to come into a store where I just happen to be working. If I hadn't been there, no one would know who he was. That makes me giggle even more.

To top it off, he is the 20th person I have sent to jail in my five year tenure here. I feel like I should get a cake or a gold watch or something.

And they say pharmacy is boring at times...

3 comments:

BigD said...

Good job man

Anonymous said...

Crime fighting ain't easy.

Nananananananananananananananana BATMAN!

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Sterling work!