Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I write too much

Just realized as I glanced at my blogger dashboard that I am nearing two hundred posts. Think about that, that is 200 rambling, bitching, nonsensical posts. I never thought this would last more than a dozen posts personally. Blogging, contrary to what some may believe, is not as easy as it seems. It is quite difficult to come up with an original posting as I have often partially written a post, only to realize I posted the same thing nine months back. I'll actually get ideas for posts while at work or in class and will jot down the ideas on some scrap paper for later. I'm sure my fiance wonders just what the hell some of these things are when she sees them floating around.

And writers block... it bites you in the ass every couple months. Plus you have to make the posts entertaining and relevant for the readers. I don't just spew off whatever I want here, I do my best to entertain and educate the readers. It seems to be paying off as in recent weeks the readership has more than doubled, go me.

This has also become a good place to blow off steam. I read an unofficial study a few weeks back that said those in pharmacy have one of, if not the highest, incidences of alcoholism. Lord knows I can understand why.

It's also been interesting to keep a bit of anonymity while writing this. Another reason this blog was created was to cut down on the e-mails of my adventures at work. Several people who come here know who I am, and several times I have had to edit comments so as not to reveal specifics about me. That part has been interesting as well. I actually just got around to adding my disclaimer to the site, oops.

I could bitch and moan about the system more. I could go into the politics behind the industry and how we readily get reamed up the ass. I save those for Jim and TAP and TAestP and Drug Monkey as they are more experienced and more eloquent than I am at the moment. I am merely a college student on a long and arduous ride which sometimes proves to be immensely interesting. Ironically enough some of us do communicate back and forth regarding certain posts and issues.

It is currently Saturday night. This is my break from studying vaccines and immune responses for one of my finals next week. Ironic to think that the place I created to blow off steam is where I now come to relax now.

Time to get off the soap box and get back to work... and eventually write two hundred more posts.

1 comment:

Mad Pharmacy Tech said...

One of my biggest challenges is avoiding the recycling of entries. I have run into that a few times, but more often it's finding the time to write that has given me fits of late. And when I do have an amazing idea, I often forget about it, then when I have time to write, forget what the amazing idea was.