Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Gotz Skillz

I was training some fresh meat... er a new tech earlier today and I happened to mention the bad ass skills you inadvertently acquire throughout the years. They are not anything one would normally think about, but they are tricks which may impress your friends.

1) Letter folding. I can tri-fold any paper to fit in an envelope like nobody's business. I would kick so much ass at a letter folding company, they would fire every one else leaving only me.

2) Opening child proof bottles with one hand. I'm like fucking Houdini when it comes to this one. It will occasionally shock people when they see it done. Surprised clowns don't do this trick at birthday parties.

3) I can visually ID damn near any tablet/capsule. This may be pathetic, but I generally have a photographic memory of the look of meds. I can tell you that its Levothyroxine 112mcg Lannett brand without consulting Ident-a-drug or any manual.

4) I can spot a bullshitter/druggie from a mile away. This is really handy when meeting people for the first time, especially a friend's significant other.


Yes I know you're highly impressed, and I'm sure that there are more that I am forgetting at the moment. Now aren't you all jealous of my fiance?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud to say I perfected my backhand toss of empty drug bottles into the bin while usually not looking. This was at my previous pharmacy where the bin was directly behind the filling counter. At my new place of work, it is right underneath the counter :( Must derive a new technique or remove said skill from resume.

Love yer blog - keep on writin'

Murgatr

Pharm Tech RDC '06

Anonymous said...

I am impressed...if I took all the labels off of my prescription bottles like that one lady on the commercial...my husband really would be taking my hormone pills (if I took them lol) Kudos to you!! If your that good with opening the bottles, how are you with a bra ........

Anonymous said...

Well, I know all the words to every song in "Barbie and the Diamond Castle", so between the two of us we can conquer the world!