Tuesday, December 2, 2008

First Act as President

After good ole W was elected I realize that truly anybody, even the mentally disabled, can become president. I therefore decided that some day I shall run for president and will, in fact, win.

Today, I decided what my first act will be. I shall standardize all insurance cars. No more throwing on labels for UHC, Express Scripts, WHI, all on the same goddamn card so you don't know who to bill it under. No more having 3 different 'group' numbers on the card, only to have none of them work. No more fancy designs on them with the needed information in tiny type on the back. And most of all, no more waiting until six weeks after coverage starts to issue said cards. If you can print the letter saying coverage is changing, you can print the damn card at the same time. It ain't rocket science.

All new cards will have the following

* Processor name clearly identified at the top along with active date
* RXPCN and RXBIN in bold type below that
* Patients name, ID number and Rx group number CLEARLY labeled
* Phone number for me to call and bitch at them when they still fuck this up
* No fancy designs with other logos and needless information on it. If you do so, I will personally go to the insurances headquarters and kick every person there square in the nuts
* You will send the card to the patient one month prior to service being activated. No exceptions
* If you do change mid month you will give the pharmacy the new info in the reject. No more calling the help desk and talking for 40 min to Skahewrwea Dododobop from India who can speak three words of English.

That's it. That's all I want on the card is some clear information. They did it for credit cards, why the hell can't they do it for insurance cards.

I will be one helluva president, just you wait...

3 comments:

EC said...

And add this to your list too...
the ID # will not read
ABCD123456789.....and we must know to leave off the first 3 letters. But oh wait - you must still add an 05 to the end. Because we're "supposed" to know that! Argh - insurance card frustration.

EC said...

And yes, Thanksgiving exhausted me....I've been slacking on blog posting...Dang work gets in the way, too.

Phathead said...

I forgot about that. BCBS likes to add a bunch of letters to the front of the ids and occasionally those are the group numbers too.