Tuesday, April 27, 2010

We're All Out of a Job

Sunday I posted about my adventures in nabbing several people abusing the system. I neglected to mention, namely because I didn't see it to be relevant, that I was filing in at a store for the day.

I stopped by there today to grab something I left, and while there I explained everything that happened to the techs who normally work there. Their response?

"Why would you do that? That's less prescriptions for us to fill every day which means we could eventually lose our jobs when they close our store for our low numbers."

First off, this place is by far the busiest store I work at, so that's not even a remote possibility.

Second, are you fucking kidding me? I help nab people who are abusing the system (ya know, the system we all pay for through taxes) and are breaking several laws, and you get pissed at me?

Thank freakin' God I will be done working for this company in two short months. Would you put up with that kinda crap on a regular basis?

4 comments:

StudyRx said...

I must work at the greatest pharmacy in the world. Everyone cares about this kind of stuff, and we enjoy it. With all the issues in pharmacies that I read about on internet blogs, it kinda makes me want to come back to this town after Pharmacy School. Seriously, We actually have fun and are always talking about how dumb some seekers are.

Over the 80s music (iPod) of course. lmao.

But I do work at the Big Evil. No chance of them going OOB anytime soon. Especially around here. ;)

Grumpy, M.D. said...

"Do you smoke? Good. Keep it up. I need the work."

Frantic Pharmacist said...

Talk about weird priorities. Someone has apparently put the fear of God into those staff members (?)... someone who's more concerned about the bottom line than pharmacy practice, perhaps?

Anonymous said...

You did the right thing. Keep up the good work.