Friday, July 17, 2009

The Great Wall of Pharmacy

In the 5th Century B.C. the people of China began constructing what would later be called The Great Wall of China. It was constructed as a defensive measure to keep the warring northern tribes out of China proper. Since it's completion in the 16th century it has stood as a example of the ingenuity and perseverance of the Chinese peoples.

Today, ladies and gentleman, I present to you the beginnings of the Great Wall of Pharmacy.



Construction began on July 16th, 2009 and is expected to be completed some time near the end of the 42nd century.

It is constructed out of Barr brand Trazodone 150mg tablets and is already a staggering five inches in height. It is hoped that this will shall help keep addicts, invalids and screaming children far away from the pharmacy counter.

It truly is a glorious sight to behold with one's own eyes.

I shall keep you updated on the continued construction of pharmacy's first true defensive measure.

8 comments:

Shamra said...

Ha that is the greatest thing ever! I hope it keeps the morons away.

Frantic Pharmacist said...

An imposing picture! I wish I had it to hide behind today....

Pharmgirl said...

It's a fine work of art, too!

Shalom said...

I just tried this. It's brilliant.

It works better if you build the edges by setting a tablet on the short side of the rhomboid; that way you get smoother edges.

I also just noticed that you have to be careful of the orientations, because it looks prettier if you keep the side with the 50 in one direction on all the tabs, so you get asterisks on one side and crosses on the other. Or, if you're more artistic than I am, you can create patterns in the wall by reversing key tablets.

I'm gonna post pictures somewhere and send you a link...

.: Lowly Pharm Tech :. said...

Awesome! I actually had looked at these [and alprazolam/xanax] with curiosity because I was always a lover of tetris, yet I've never the free time at our understaffed store to do this. Id laugh at the thought of my boss walking up to me with this exhibition of freewill in front of me, lol.

This alone says to me that we could easily be friends. Haha.

Pharmer Jane said...

if I ever had free time at work, I would TOTALLY be attempting this! Thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous said...

You have way too much time on your hands. Are you sure you're a pharmacist?

Phathead said...

Seeing as this whole blog is dedicated to my journey to becoming a pharmacist... yes I am sure I am not a pharmacist