Thursday, October 30, 2008

You know what's fun?

I'm a college student and thus a part time employee at the shithole local chain I work for. For much of my college career though I have been working between 25-40 hours a week during the school year to pay bills. I have asked my manager numerous times if I was eligible for full time status. That way I could get vacation, paid holidays and all those other luxuries. Every time I was shot down.

I was bored today, it was nice out so the Vic-fiends were going for a walk.... oh I'm just kidding they were probably passed out in the yard, but I digress.. anywho I decided to call the woman who runs our payroll to see what my average has been the last year. She tells me it's 31.26 hours (30 hours means you're full time). I asked her how long have I've been eligible, she goes through the records and tells me 'About two years or so."

Now I've mentioned before how many different ways I've taken it up the ass from this place. How I've covered for gross negligence from their pharmacists and looked the other way when multiple federal laws were broken on one script. My manager is well aware of these facts as I bitch to her quite often about them. And come to find out this is how she repays me? By lying to me and withholding what I have rightfully earned?

Oh tomorrow shall be a very very fun Halloween at work....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kick some ass, Sea Bass!

I love my full-time status. I thought I used all my vacation from my trip to Biloxi a couple weeks ago, but I found out I have 5 vacation days left (using those for New Years), 4 other optional days, one extra fixed holiday each (aside from my regular days off) during the week of Thanksgiving or Christmas, and two sick days that I can either use or have it paid as a bonus at the end of the year.

You gotta fight...for your right...to par--tay!

Phathead said...

lol sounds like I should be getting back pay for the last 18 months. Gonna shoot for the back vacation time too