Tuesday, October 14, 2008

They're out to get you..

I'm studying Microbio tonight in my campus's student center for a test I have on Wednesday. Amazingly wicked class by the way, anyone who has a remote interest in pharmacy should take this course even if it's not required. Anywho I was on a stretch of getting up to do research at 7:30am, did that to 10am, then class from 10-2pm, then work from 2-6pm, then studying after that. It was about 9:30pm and I was tired, but still kickin ass.

Was reading about proton motile force, ATP production, all sorts of fun stuff like that. Was kind of confused when reading a few sections because they kept mentioning words that they hadn't defined earlier (big pet peeve of mine regarding textbooks). After studying it for about 45 minutes it dawned on me.

The Citric Acid Cycle = The Krebs Cycle = the Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle (TCA Cycle)

I shit you not in the chapter they would switch off between using these terms and actually defined as The Citric Acid Cycle. Apparently the authors thought it would be fun to fuck with my exhausted mind by switching the names around. Pretty sure I'd like to send a flaming bag of dog shit in their direction.

It's now 1:30am, I've switched from Microbio to Econ since I can't sleep and felt the need to vent about that. Still gonna mail them that bag of dog shit. Just have to figure out how to light it remotely now...

No comments: