Saturday, January 26, 2008

I work with a genius

I may have mentioned that we have a nursing service pharmacy. They can do anywhere about 1000-1500 scripts a day. Theres usually 5 pharmacists working with a RN and about 10-15 techs. Needless to say it's an extremely busy and hectic place.

It is also vastly outdated. There is no flow in the place whatsoever and its become one giant bottleneck. They announced several weeks ago that they were going to redo the layout of the building (literally gut the entire thing) and add some much needed offices and all that jazz. Was a brilliant idea. This was announced roughly 2 weeks ago. They are starting demolition on Wednesday.

Yes they are starting to tear down this immensely busy pharmacy before the plans have even been finalized. Now I know I didn't eat paint chips when I was younger, or sniff glue for that matter, so perhaps I do not fully understand this logic. But if you have a pharmacy which averaged scripts in the four figures, do you really want to start gutting it without the plans finalized?

Needless to say whenever my manager comes in to whatever store I'm at, I grab a bag of popcorn and sit down to hear what hilarious story she has for us today. Thank God I don't work there. Just gives me something to giggle about on a daily basis. Man I'm evil

No comments: