Wednesday, June 17, 2009

PCAT... Round 2!

I take the PCAT again on June 20th. I am still slightly bitter about my damned headache which screwed up my first one, but there's not much I can do about it now.

If anything I am far better prepared for it this time. Still don't want to take it though. Between taking this stupid chem class again, studying for the PCAT, getting stuff ready for pharmacy school apps and my upcoming wedding I feel like I'm being tugged in twenty directions.

I'm pretty sure when I'm done at about 1pm this Saturday, I will skip out of the building, happy with the notion that I can finally start enjoying this summer.

I went to visit some friends in another city the other just to relax. Going to a Dave and Busters (perhaps the greatest place ever created) and chill out for a night. Then it's back for a week of studying.

At least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...

7 comments:

Pharmgirl said...

Good luck on the PCAT! I'm sure you'll do fine. And remember, if you don't have a clue in hell what the answer is, pick D. Statistically speaking, that's more likely to be the correct answer.

Anonymous said...

Good job man. Best of luck to you! I don't have to take the PCAT since I'm out here in California this application cycle.

Anonymous said...

Before you set foot in pharmacy school, you should read this book: Incomprehensible Demoralization- An Addict Pharmacist's Journey to Recovery by Jared Combs. Google the name of title, you'll find it. I think this should be required reading for anyone contemplating pharmacy...or any other medical profession actually. I read it a couple months ago. Wish my son had read it before he went to pharmacy school.

Phathead said...

Anon - I've been in the industry for almost 9 years now and have worked in 4 different states. I think I know what I'm getting myself into :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you know what you're getting into. :) I did when I started, and even though I put up with a lot from school and my workplace, I know that this is what I want to do. I actually know more than one pharmacist that said if they knew what it (being a pharmacist) would be like, they'd never have gone to pharmacy school. My only advice - apply early and make sure your stuff gets in early, especially for schools that have rolling admissions. Lots and lots of luck to you!!
Megan

Anonymous said...

Yep...thought I was a veteran too. I'd been working in pharmacy for 4 years before starting pharmacy school. It's a different deal thought, when it's your license; and when your the one the angry customers want to talk to; and when you work the 12-hour shifts. Sometimes I wish I'd done something different.
But it can be a rewarding profession too- you just gotta have a balance.
A guy I went to pharmacy school with let it get to him too much and ended up getting addicted to alprazolam- he was using a bunch of crap, but that was what he got busted for eventually. He lost his license for awhile.
I think the stress factor is a big deal in pharmacy. Food for thought...

Anonymous said...

Oh man...the PCAT. I couldn't pass that shit if my life depended on it right now. I can pass out pills like a machine- counsel em blue- enter a scipt into the computer at the speed of light. But that PCAT would kick my ass.