Monday, May 18, 2009

Summer Vacation... Kinda

Classes ended this past Friday. Hard to believe I have only one semester of undergrad left.

The fun part is I start classes again on Monday. Yay for having two days off school! The most exciting part is I am retaking a class. Actually it is the first class I ever took in college, Gen Chem I.

See when I was a wee little college student, I was a bit on the cocky side. I know, really hard to believe. My first Chem prof made a point that no one with poor attendance had ever gotten a higher grade than a D in the course. Seeing as the never really taught and just bitched about her life, I almost never went. Yet I got mostly A's on my tests and assignments. I decided to point that out to her near the end of the semester.

And I ended up with a C- in the course. I didn't get anywhere fighting it, so I took Gen Chem II the following summer at another college.

Now I find out that several of the pharmacy schools I am applying to do not accept grades below a C.

Fuck.

So I am retaking the course. Never mind the fact I've gone through 300-level Chem courses, I get to retake the first one. Awesome. Plus it runs from 7:30am to 1:00pm four days a week. I'm sure you're jealous.

Aside from that I get to retake the PCAT on June 20th and get pharmacy school apps in order for August.

Oh of course I'm going to be getting married on July 25th.

It shall be a hectic summer. I did decide that I want to start running again, perhaps so I can run a half marathon next spring.

In perhaps my geekiest endeavor, I decided to jump back into sim racing again. I'm going to order iRacing tomorrow night and see how rusty I am. Now if only I could justify this for the wedding...

Done laughing yet? Good. It's not like I'm into Star Trek or anythi.... oh wait, I am. Damn, any ideas where I can order a pocket protector?

2 comments:

BigEvilRx said...

hehe, I'm trying to relax after a six class + 3 hour (2 nights a week) Pharm Tech Class (Which I'm still taking) semester.

Just in Trig, and (heh) "Intro to Computers" followed up by a hell week course of Spanish 3 in the last five weeks.

I'll wait for the stress to boil over in that class, but smooth sailing until then....ojala! (hopefully)

1st year pharmd student said...

Yeah, I felt the same frustration at having to take the entire freshman biology series over, despite having 5'd the AP exam in high school, getting college credit for it, and graduating with a science degree. Unfortunately you just gotta grit your teeth and be thankful you don't have to study as hard.

Anyway, congrats on the upcoming marriage, and good luck retaking the PCAT. Probably what helped me most was just doing practice problems over and over and over again until I could finish that section with time to spare. It was boring, but it worked.