Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Just Talked to a Perfect Individual

Gentleman called a few minutes ago asking for refills on his wife's metoprolol and lisinopril. Pulling up her profile I saw she received 30 tabs (a 30 day supply) on 4/24 making her 15 days early and I relayed that information to him.

"Well you must not have given me the right amount," he insinuates.

I go through the records and check and our robot verifies that the correct quantity was given out. I then explain,

"When the prescriptions left the store they contained the correct quantity. What happened to them once they left the store though, I do not know."

"Yea well I only have three tablets left, so why didn't you give me enough of them," he enthusiastically interjects.

"Sometimes," I start explaining, "they get put in the wrong bottle or dropped or simply misplaced or they were placed in a med box. It does happen from time to time and I can get an override from your insurance, I just need to make sure you don't have them somewhere else."

How does he respond?

"Well I don't make mistakes."

Really? You're entire life you've never made a mistake? You are the only perfect being on the planet? I think that would make him Jesus actually. Perhaps he lives a world where he can ride a unicorn while chasing dragons and singing with fairies.

Understandably I had to stifle a laugh which led to a prolong silence on the phone. Breaking my calm he further states,

"Now what am I supposed to do with just two tablets for the weekend?"

My mind clicks, "Two tablets? I thought you just said you had three?"

"I'm looking at them right now, it is just two tablets."

In my best Spock voice (seeing as I just saw the movie last night), "But doesn't that mean you just made a mistake? Puzzling..."

The rest of the call resulted in him grumbling and finally conceding that he would look to see if they were elsewhere. I expect I'll get a call back in 20 minutes stating he found them in an old bottle on another shelf.

Look at it this way, I met a perfect individual today. That's a bitchin' way to start a weekend!

1 comment:

The Ole' Apothecary said...

Tribune:...and this [the Crucifixion] was the biggest mistake ever made by Rome.

Emperor Caligula: So, the empire makes mistakes. Does that mean the emperor makes mistakes?

--The Robe (1953)