Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Eight Years Ago Today...



I've had a bit of a writers block of late. Not the first time it's happened, so I will be posting more in the near future.

That being said today is a special day, although not in a good sense. Eight years ago today my sport lost its leader, its champion and by all rights its best person, Dale Earnhardt. After eight years it still kind of feels as if a family member is gone, which is rather strange. Then again those of you who did not follow the sport prior to that day will never quite understand. But if there is any of you out there who does read this blog and does understand what this day means... well then you'll understand the accompanying video as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, all choked up here. That was beautiful. I remember the day, you were online with your friends trying to figure out if he was gone or not. I will always look for the black car no matter what!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, sorry to bother u, I find u from the mushblue template forum, can I know that how to change the colors in this template please? I have tried to edit the html, but it did not work. Thank u!

Phathead said...

dk - I need some way to contact you to explain it

Anonymous said...

Alright, my MSN is: nokia6100@joyes.com, thank u for ur reply. cheers! :)