Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pet Peeve of the Day

Why do people think we just lump all their records together under one file just because they're the same family? Four times today, so far, I've had someone come in who hasn't had anything filled by us before. When I ask if they have, they say yes. When I say they're not in there, they go "But my wife(or child or uncle or dog or gardner) gets prescriptions here." They don't seem to understand that we have to keep seperate records, much like a hospital, for each person.

One guy started to even argue with me over it, saying to just fill it under his wife's file. What the hell sense does that make? Some day I'm going to paint a big ass sign that say something like, We're not Wal-Mart, We're not a gas station, We help to keep you living and breathing each day, so stop treating us like we're McDonalds.

Eh maybe its just cause I didn't have my dew this morning...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the 1970s, when we recorded patient profiles by hand, we did one card per family. That's the way the profile card was set up. Maybe these folks remember, and think it's still done that way.