Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Quiet Room

What an interesting day. Now I have studied this company in detail for several of my business classes. I've come to respect how efficient they are in the way they do business. And I'll be the first to admit that they have done a good job in removing many of the... cold ways in which they do business with their employees.

That being said... it was weird. The first video I watched was an eight minute spiel that pretty much said Unions were the reason Jesus was killed. I'm serious, that is all the first video was about.

Now I won't get into my personal views on the matter, but I'm not sure I have ever seen such a biased and, if I may use the phrase, brainwashing video in my life. If I had no outside experience of unions, and I were ignorant, I would easily take everything said there as fact.

And there is something inherently wrong about that.

The best part came later. During my 'tour' I was shown the break room for employees. Off to the side, there was another room with a small window. I was told that it is called 'The Quiet Room'.

Apparently if you are having a bad day and just want some place that's quiet, you can go in there.

I now think that every pharmacy should have a 'Quiet Room' in the back. Seriously, how awesome would that be?

Bitchy customer that does not want to pay their $2 copay? I'm going to the Quiet Room.

Argus down again grinding the pharmacy to a halt? I'm going to the Quiet Room.

Customer wants their Oxycontin filled 14 days early, then becomes angry and borderline violent when you tell them now? I'm going to the Quiet Room.

Shit, while we're there, let's put a kegerator in there. Maybe a Barcolounger. And one of those nifty massaging mats.

How awesome would that be?

It's been just one day and I've already been amazed and disturbed. I'm going to like this place I think.... for a the entertainment aspect that is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to work at Walmart about 13 years ago and the "quiet room" used to be the smoking section of the break room before the laws were changed. It was awful! There were always a ton of people in thee and every time someone would open the door the whole room filled up with smoke.

I like the idea of the quiet room much better.

Anonymous said...

In places where you can still smoke inside - that would be called the smoker's lounge (since they don't want the smoker's out by the front doors)...hahahaha on "quiet room"

WMRPH

Anonymous said...

You should ask if you can be the "quiet room" supervisor or attendent. I can see you questioning people to see if they truly need to use the quiet room or if they are just being babies lol

Frantic Pharmacist said...

That is reeeeeellly interesting about the anti-union video. Wow.

TiredRPh said...

I want a quiet roon AND a trap door. When will those be installed?