Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Bathroom Conundrum

It never fails. Hell I would bet on it more than the sun rising on a daily basis. You see every time I have to call an insurance company to sort out some random fuck up I realize I have this insane urge to piss.

During the day, since it's so busy, I'll often forget to go to the bathroom. I guess after several years, and being young, I am accustomed to holding it in set period of time. In fact I try not to drink as much water during the busier days just for that reason. What happens, though, is when you are stuck on the phone haggling with an insurance rep for 10-15 minutes you begin to remember just how bad you have to piss. You, in a way, lose the ability to hold it in.

Now this always occurs on the longest of the calls we have to make. Everyone in the field knows them, the ones where you're on the phone for thirty minutes listening to some god awful music. About midway through you start doing what my mother called 'The Potty Dance'. You know, where you just kinda start shifting your weight on your feet just because you have to piss so bad. I've honestly contemplated using one of the four ounce bottles during one of my more dire moments.

Sometimes I think it would be easier to have a catheter. Hell we have them in the pharmacy, I might as well just take one when I know I'm going to be on a long call. I mean, my balls are already busted, so whats the harm?

So the next time you head to your local pharmacy and you see someone doing 'The Potty Dance' while on the phone? Be kind and let them piss before they fill your prescription. Truly it's all I ask.

No comments: