Monday, September 29, 2008

Maybe I'm Anal

Was updating a prescription today for refills and came across this sig:

Tizanidine 2mg
Take 1 tablet by mouth daily
(Replaces Vioxx)


Honestly now, Vioxx has been off the market for four years now. During those four years there were at a minimum of four updates to that particular Rx and, seeing as what kind of drug it is, there were far more than four updates to the script. In all that time no one thought that maybe that little note in the directions was perhaps out of date. This just seems exceedingly lazy to me. Perhaps I'm being a little too anal though.

And what is the deal with patients calling in refills, showing up in literally three minutes and bitching that they are done? Is this a new fad I'm not aware of? Was there an article in Good Housekeeping or Time or something that stated this was the cool thing to do? I had that exact situation happen five times on Saturday. By the fifth time I told the person it was going to take at least two to three hours and have them swing by later (it was for a Lisinopril script which was six days early, so don't get huffy-puffy with me).

I swear people are getting more pissy and demanding every day. Actually had someone, after I filled his albuterol inhaler in about three minutes, bitch because we weren't fast enough. Seriously? Go to Walgreens or Wal-Mart and try and get anything filled in under five minutes. If you do it, I'll give you a free sixty count bottle of Lortab. You know why I offer that? Because you can't do it that's why.

I take it back, I'm not an anal. I'm an asshole. Wait, isn't that same thing?...

2 comments:

Frantic Pharmacist said...

I've had people call in refills on their cell phone while sitting in the parking lot. Again, it's that fast-food mentality.
Getting prescriptions with 'old' comments still written on them drives me nuts (like, "patient needs appointment" on an Rx with 12 refills). If it's an e-prescription they're either too lazy or don't know how to remove it.

Anonymous said...

Ehhh...I don't care how long it takes to fill my prescription, as long as the pharmacist/tech tells me. If you tell me I can collect in 15 minutes, and then keep me waiting another half-hour, I'm annoyed. If you tell me, 45 minutes to an hour, then I'll come in an hour, and be happy.