Wednesday, July 30, 2008

This Is Sickening

Caught this off a headline from Fark today:

Belford's slick web site offers affordable bachelor's, master's and doctorate degrees in just seven days. Get credit for what you've learned in life for only $449.
What that is is a website that will give you a college degree, quite literally in any field you want, for a small fee. They supposedly make you take a test which relates to your life experience in a subject and then they justify the results of that test as to whether or not you deserve a degree in that subject. In other words, its nothing more than a big pile of bullshit.

I mean honestly I have busted my ass the last four years, have had countless sleepless nights, missed numerous family events all to get a degree in something I am actually interested in. How the hell is it fair that someone can go online and take a simple test and get a piece of paper that says they received a degree from Fuck Me Up The Ass University.

Innocent or not, when Lichtenberger (like all Belford graduated) ordered her degree she could also request transcripts, make up your own graduation date and even pick her grade point average. A perfect 4.0 costs an extra $75.

Williams also went online and applied for the degree "vegetable psychology." When asked for his experience, Williams typed that he had "helped a lot of tomatoes grow." Within seconds he was approved for a bachelor's degree!


Shit instead of bustin my ass maybe I should go get a degree from there, give myself a 4.0 and attempt to get into pharmacy school that way. Hell I'll even create my own degree! We'll call it "Advanced Drug Pushing" with perhaps a minor in "Creative Writing: Pharmacy Denials". Perhaps I'll start a fund in order to purchase the degree, that outta be worth something pharmacy school applications.

I think the biggest kicker is that there are several regents on the University of Tennessee board who have done a similar system to receive their 'doctorates'. I've always thought that the education system was seriously fucked up and this only furthers my thoughts on the matter. Seems like from Day 1 as a freshman you get fucked up the ass until the day you leave campus. By then you're shittin pancakes on a daily basis, but who cares!

In hindsight I should have just gone to this website and gotten my chem degree. Instead I studied my ass off and drank a lot of beer and played a lot of Halo and taped a lot of dorm doors shut.... Ok in hindsight it wasn't all that bad, but it still woulda been a helluva lot cheaper.

Story from: http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?s=8674699

No comments: