Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mr Clean Would Be Sad

One of the scarest things you can encounter in my job is when a customer comes to the counter and drops a bottle down for refill. How is that frightening you may ask? Because you never know just what the hell you're going to touch when you grab the bottle.

Now I consider myself a pretty clean and orderly guy. Hell I can't stand when theres a pile of mail on my coffee table, but I'm more on the anal side of things. I understand that not every one can be that considered over keeping things clean. Everyone is different in they're own ways. One would think that when in a public setting there would be at least the persona of cleaniess. Of course this is hardly ever the case.

Why am I bringing this up? I just recieved a bottle from a customer with a piece of speghetti on it. It was hard, crusty and slightly decayed (ok that may be a slight exageration). The customer seemed completely oblivious to this fact. Now it wasn't a psych med so I can't blame it on them being crazy, it was obvious that they were just messy. Who, however, in their right mind would bring something like that into a business and then give it to someone? Why not just say say, "Hey can you fill my lisinopril" or perhaps even just call in what you want?

Sadly that is not the most disgusting thing I have received. Once we got a bottle that reeked of urine. We hope that it simply fell in the toliet and not that someone had decided to piss in it, but in reality you never know.

I suppose that is one thing they'll never teach you in pharmacy school, how to deal with piss covered prescriptions. Maybe when I'm older I'll be a pharmacy professor. My class will be called Pharmacy Realities 101. I like that idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats why i label the box for anusol and not the tube.

Phathead said...

Our state requires that every tube/bottle has to have a label on it, thus we cannot label the box.