Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I Think Theres Some Hope In The World

It was the first month of the month today, i.e. clusterfuck nation, and I was minding my own business until I received a peculiar phone call. It was a woman who had her husband pick up two prescriptions for her last month. She then said that her husband had been chatting with the pharmacist on duty and had forgotten to pay. Then she asked if she could come in and pay for them today instead.

Let that sink in for a moment. This woman got $70 worth of prescriptions for free, over a month ago, and said she wanted to come in and pay for it. I have never, ever heard of something like this happen in the eight years I have been slingin' drugs. She stated she noticed it when she saw that a check for us hadn't ever gone through and figured her husband had forgotten. I think Hell just froze over.

Needless to say this was the easiest first of the month I've worked in a long time after that. That woman gave me a bit of hope for mankind today. Funny how people can surprise you like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is a first! I think that lady deserves a thank you card.

Mad Pharmacy Tech said...

It happens about once every 10 years or so in each pharmacy, at least from what I've seen.