Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Pick a name, stick with it

This was going to be my original bitch for today prior to our wondrous snow storm, but even after dealing with shitheads to end my day, this still irks me.

Why must a drug company have 726 aliases?

Dr. Reddy's = Par
Pliva = Sidmak = Barr
Ivax = Teva

The part that really pisses me off? For a while we'll get Pliva. Then suddenly, after 12 months, we'll start getting Barr shit. And because most of the other tech's don't know what to do if you give them a non-aqua tray (because most tray's in our company are those old aqua kind) they can't figure out its the same brand.

Its bad when they label a bottle with 21 labels stating that "This is the same drug... blah blah blah" (They add 21 of them because they're proud they know how to use an aux label) Its worse when you have a robot. See we have a SP200 by ScriptPro. Beautiful machine, makes my life much less hectic. When you have a different brand that comes in though, you have to bleed out the current cell until its empty. Except when you have a Pliva brand in and you get a bottle of Barr, Tweedle Dee will mark it as a brand change and just let it sit there. So when you are at the peak of your day, that cell will run out and you will have to fill it because Tweedle Dee is... well Tweedle Dee.

Its bad enough we get these really fuckin weird brands lately (can't think of the main one of the top of my head) I would just really like to know why they can't get their act together like Actavis and just create a whole new fucking brand. But that would be too easy wouldn't it?

1 comment:

Erin Flynn said...

Greenstone = Pfizer is the one that ticks me off the most. The Rite Aid system will occasionally randomly (I say random because I don't understand the system, and I'm not sure why sometimes it wants it and sometimes it doesn't) on Greenstone NDCs stop you before it will let you process and require you to tab back two pages to type in 'Pfizer' into the manufacturer tab. If you are new to the RA system (like I was a few short weeks ago...oh Brooks, how I miss you...), and you do not know this, it will take at least a half hour to figure out what the hell it wants from you. Grrrr.