Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Not even a snowstorm can keep the threats away...

I mentioned earlier I was stuck at work. We closed at 3:30, I didn't actually get out of the store until 6:30. We had snow in the parking lot that was waste high and most of the cars are buried. And when you drive a Monte Carlo SS that means you aren't moving a goddamn inch.

One would think that getting that much snow in one day would be the big story of the day. Alas you would be wrong as you have to remember that I am in the ghetto.

Mind you we closed at 3:30. We had someone banging on the door at 5:30 saying he needed his meds. Being the kind people we are, those of us who were left let him. First he was pissed because we wouldn't sell him any smokes. I registers were off and the only reason we let him in was because he 'needed' his meds.

"But I don't wanna fuckin walk to the gas station" he whines.

Then we tell him that one of his meds, his Albuterol Inhaler, hasn't been ok'd by the doc yet. Most likely due to the fact that the whole goddamn city had shut down. And he hadn't gotten it filled in well over a year so it obviously wasn't a necessity. Especially considering that he was going to get smokes with it.

He of course fucking flips. Say's he's gonna take his business to Wal-Mart or Walgreens because we're fucking him over by not giving him his meds and his smokes. I'm sorry bud but we let you in to be nice so you don't need smokes, and since you haven't had this filled in 18 months, we're not just gonna give you one. (Note: We had 3 seperate jail profiles for him)

"You guys are fucking assholes, you have no soul, fuck all of you" he screams. Seeing as the front door was locked (since we were closed) I had to let him out. "Fuck you" he says as he shoves me out of my way. "Have a nice night," I tell him as I lock the door.

That might not have been a good idea.

I'm not even back to plunk my ass down on my chair in the pharmacist when I hear something slamming the front door. He's back now screaming "I'm gonna get in there and kick all you're fucking asses you goddamn fucking nazis!" He then picks something up off the sidewalk and starts beating the door. "C'mon out you pussies and let me fuckin rip your goddamn heads off!"

Well I hit the old 911 on Speed-dial. I explain the situation to the woman, who was very nice by the way, and she states she'll get a squad there as soon as she can, but obviously its shitty so it may take a while. After I hang up the phone one of our clerks goes to the front and tells this fella that we had called the cops and they're on their way. Needless to say he left.

So on top of having to dig my sorry ass out of snow four times today, and take a biochem test tomorrow morning, I now have to go file another freakin' report with the police. Gotta love the ghetto. Shitty even in snowfall.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have some of the most outlandishly ridiculous stories that I have heard.

Anonymous said...

Ahh... gotta love Newmans! :) Makes for an interesting day.