Sunday, November 28, 2010

African American Friday

I can never adequately explain the kindness people showed me while I worked one of my last shifts at Walmart on Thanksgiving. The sheer number of people who would stop and merely thank me for working was astounding.

Except for one person. Below is her almost verbatim response to my simple of question of how she was for the day.
"I'll tell ya how I'm doin', I'm damned pissed. All this talk about 'Black Friday' this and 'Black Friday' that... everyone's all racist up in that shit. They need to call it 'African American Friday' and stop puttin' down black people. We've been through enough with all the slaves and ghettos and shit and now they have to name some day after us to have sales? Well fuck that shit."
Well then...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people will seek any excuse to claim they're being discriminated against. Then again, some people are a few fries short of a happy meal...

Anonymous said...

Obviously, accounting is not her strong suit!

Anonymous said...

Anon 6:45 - just my thoughts.....red is bad, black is good, and white is the background.