Thursday, October 7, 2010

Anal Raping with a side of Tequila

Hi everyone. How are you? Pretty good I'm sure.

How am I you ask? Why what an interesting question. There is a mental countdown in my head right now as in four hours the skies will open and the tequila will rain down.

And I cannot wait.

School for the first month had been peddling along in first gear. They weren't shoving information in our face and all of the professors appeared to be kind, understanding and non-threatening.

It was a false sense of security.

Today will be my third test in seven days. Normally not too tall of an order... except for the nature of the tests. The week has steadily grown worse and in two short hours I will take my final exam of this retched stretch.

You see, they lulled us into thinking the exams themselves were not to be too bad. The practice questions were easy. The lectures were easy. The study guide was easy. The exams.... not so much.

It was like being in a prison cell with a lonely guy named Bubba and not an ounce of KY present.

In the last week I have studied more than my entire undergrad career combined. It became quite apparent that our profs were not as easy-going as they made themselves out to be. These exams have been the most demented, head-throbbing exams I have ever experienced. And the worst is yet to come.

For the first time in my life, I truly felt utterly and completely stupid.

And really I cannot blame the profs for this. I underestimated, along with the majority of my classmates, what would be required for each exam. Obviously that little tangent in biochem may ultimately be related to a problem worth 10% of your score on the exam.

As I sit here, bruised and bleeding, a new plan of attack for the rest of the semester has been formulated. These SOBs aren't gonna keep me down, and I'm going guns blazing for the rest of the semester.

First thing is first however... where the hell is that tequila?

11 comments:

PharmStud said...

Just wait, it gets better.
My second semester in Pharm School they put 3.5 (.5=a quiz)on a Thursday.

Consuela said...

I believe in you phathead. May the tequilla leave you gasping.

stdev said...

Aw man. How much worse than physical chemistry can pharmacy school be?

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Yeah, I failed the first anatomy test in med school. In fact, I was the class low (46/100) on it.

It hit me like a truck. College doesn't prepare you for med school. I suspect pharmacy school is the same.

Good luck, Phat.

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Show some restraint, by the way. Your poor wife can't drink with you!

Marley said...

I totally understand where you are coming from.

Unchained Pharmacist said...

Keep your chin up. There are many more of those to come.

There may be times when they hit you with things you are "supposed" to know versus something that was taught or in assigned reading.

Local watering hole and friends will get you through even the worst exams. Just don't go to class drunk.

Pharmgirl said...

The first exams in pharmacy school had much the same effect on me. Like Unchained said, good friends will get you through this.

And hey, if a dumbass like me got through pharmacy school, surely you can.

Anonymous said...

if there's anything i learned so far, it's memorize everything, unless your professor tells you expressly not to.

EasilyAmused said...

RN school is a slap in the face to my A's in my pre-med days!!!

We'll get through it, one day at a time!
Here's to some grand marnier to sweeten up that tequila. :)

Erin said...

I felt that way about physio... the questions are worded in such a way that one word in the question and answer changed makes one slightly more correct than the other answer choice.

HATE.

Hope you're neck high in tequila somewhere Phat, I got two hard exams this week before I can.

hmm word verification is Billy... like Billy Elliot? I know you will overcome adversity just like little billy elliot!