Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pandemic 09'!

This swine flu thing is getting just fucking ridiculous. CNN.com has a Swine Flu Tracker. Yes, a tracker. See this piece of douchbaggery here - http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/04/30/swine.flu.outbreak/index.html#cnnSTCOther2

Is this what our society has come to? Mass hysteria over 300 cases of a flu virus in a population of 6+ billion? Are we that fucking paranoid? Everywhere I go, I see that masks and antiseptic washes are sold out. Never mind the fact we are on the exact opposite side of the country from the border of Mexico, we must be prepared!

The strange thing is, why the hell isn't anyone speaking up about this? You can't tell me there is not a high-up educated individual who doesn't realize what a crock of shit all of this is. I mean if this is nearing pandemic proportions, obviously we have overlooked the great Gonorhea Pandemic of 2005. Or perhaps the Stye Pandemic of 1981.

As a society would should be disgusted with ourselves for letting something like this happen. Personally, I shall be using our store's wiffle ball bat to smack any person upside the head if they start saying they think they have swine flu.

I'll leave you with one last thought, anyone know one of the defintions for swine?

3. a coarse, gross, or brutishly sensual person.
4. a contemptible person.


I think that's all I really need to say about that

1 comment:

The Ole' Apothecary said...

Don't forget the Great Wrinkle Pandemic of 1988. Millions of women demanded Retin-A.