Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm A Babysitter

That's all I fucking am is a babysitter. I realized that today. I'm a babysitter to all these crap ass pharmacists I work with. These are people who have had at least six years of schooling, whom are several years older than me, and yet I am the babysitter. This is my life on a daily basis.

  • Pharmacist I was working with today asked me how long a C-V prescription is valid for.
  • I have to remind the pharmacist to send the order before he/she leaves
  • I have to remind the pharmacist to set the alarm before he/she locks up
  • We often have to remind the pharmacist to put the DEA222 forms in the log book
  • At times I have to remind the pharmacist to fix the mistakes that have been made either by calling the patient or physically going to get the Rx out of the bin in order to rectify the problem
  • I have to remind the pharmacist to intial the prescriptions as he/she fills them
  • I have to remind the pharmacist to give an actual hardcopy when filling something new, not just assuming they did it right
  • I have to remind the pharmacist that it is not ok to give someone their Lortab early because they're 'going on vacation' when the patient is a known abuser
  • I have to remind the pharmacist that he cannot leave the pharmacy empty with just the clerk (who has been a drug abuse in the past) in charge
  • I have to remind the pharmacist to consul on some meds

These are just some of my daily reminds I make to several of the pharmacists I work with. The youngest of which has been out of pharmacy school for 10-15 years. Seems kind of sad that I am the one that is wise enough to make these decisions. And people wonder why I don't recommend my work to my friends and realitives.

2 comments:

Frantic Pharmacist said...

You have every right to be upset about those things -- that's bad.
I would never expect my technicians to babysit me like that, although bless their hearts, they have saved my ass many times when it comes to insurance stuff and general customer relations.
You should get a raise!

Anonymous said...

What a joke profession. I'm trying to get amped for pharm school? WHY>? WHY SHOULD I DO THIS!??!?