Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Hate My Job

I love what I do for a living. Honestly I could very easily do this for the rest of my life, even on the most difficult days. Today I came to the realization though that I hate my job. Namely it is that I hate the place I work for.

Having nine days off caused me to relax for the first time in several years without worrying about the bullshit I have to endure here. I am pretty sure that all of management received degrees from Special Ed. University. Case in point from today:

  • Per a new state law we have to have a description of the medication attached to the label (a good law I may add). Due to this we had to redesign our labels. Now instead of rearranging the text on the label a bit to make room for it, they decided to add this big tag on the end. Now our labels will not fit anything smaller than a 20dr vial. We all know its good to have #30 Lisinopril 10mg bouncing around in a 20dr vial. When that problem was proposed what was responded was "Oh Well"

That's the kind of shit I can put up with anymore. I'm tired of covering for pharmacists breaking laws, I'm tired of busting my ass with no hopes of retribution for it. I'm also really really tired of working with incompetent co-workers. I know you're going to get a few in every job and normally I can deal with them, but it seems nearly everyone who works for this company is a retard. I watched the pharmacist today, whom has been with us for over 15 years, try and figure out how to resolve a "DIAG CODE NEEDED" reject for some test strips on Medicare. Didn't dawn on him for 15 minutes, until after he talked to our Medicare expert, that he just needed to put 250.00 in the DIAG field.

As of today I am on a job hunt. I could handle working at Walgreens after this to be honest with you. Some of you may think that I won't find anything better, and perhaps you are right. If those of you who are interested perhaps my next post will be a rant on the bullshit we put up with here. Actually that might make me feel a bit better...

No comments: