Monday, June 23, 2008

I Am So Smrt!

Granted I had 9 days off work, but obviously the dipshits were just waiting for me to arrive back at the drug store. Lets start a list of the idiots I have had to deal with today:

  • Had a woman come in and ask if there was a marijuana test she could by that uses hair. I told her no, that would require complicated blood work done in a lab. She then goes, "So I can't do that at home?"
  • Received a prescription for a gentleman with the first name Raymundo. First thought in my head was a guy coming in who looked as if he hadn't showered in days, was drunk and possibly didn't remember his own name. Sure enough I was correct as a shaggy, smelly man who reeked of whisky came to the county and asked "Is there pain pills for... Raymundo?" Classic
  • Someone called and asked if I knew where to get party supplies. I suggested looking in the yellow pages under party supplies. The woman thanked me.
  • A woman asked me if Diet Mountain Dew was really diet or if it was a conspiracy by the soda companies to get you to buy it.
  • When I first arrived there was a gentleman rocking out in one of the waiting chairs. He proceeded to tell me that "He loves AC/DC". Hey Jude was what he was actually rocking out to.
  • And finally I had a woman, a blonde nonetheless, ask me if she put on sunscreen under her clothes, if that would prevent her from getting sunburned. Ended up just kinda staring at her for a few minutes after that one -Edit: I have since found out that this is a legit question so I retract my uneducated remark. Was still strange to hear though

Its such a joy to be back...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good god, this one about split my side open. You should have told the sunscreen lady that yes it works but you have to use 2 bottles under your clothes to get the same effect. Thanks for the giggles.

Keri said...

Okay, as a really sun sensitive person, I have gotten sunburned through clothing before. It's usually some form of thin, light colored material, and it's not as bad as the uncovered parts.

It can happen, affliction of the pasty, freckled ginger kids.

It also explains how my stomach and thighs are freckled when those are not exposed areas.

MrHunnybun said...

Some thin cotton T shirts only have an SPF of five, or thereabouts. So, sun protection underneath wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Remind the patient that if the T shirt gets wet then the SPF reduces further. Actually you should probably demonstrae this :)

Phathead said...

Well then I guess I stand corrected on the sunscreen one, didn't realize that