Friday, September 21, 2007

Stupid Questions, Stupid Answers

Why must people ask the most inane questions?

Someone today asked for 500mg Naproxen. I politely told her that 500mg Naproxen is prescription only, but the OTC version is available in about half that dose.

She then states that we have 500mg on the shelf and asks how it can be prescription only if its on the shelf. I ask her to show me where it says this. She points to a box of Tylenol. I try to explain to her that Tylenol and Naproxen are not the same thing. She then proceeds to tell me that her mother takes 500mg Naproxen out of a bottle that looks precisely like this and that this is what she wants. I tell her that there is no Naproxen in this product, but she insists that she wants the Tylenol and only Tylenol... Oy.

Then again this is the same woman who called in once and wanted the blue pill filled that's next to her Fosamax in her medicine cabinet...

No comments: