Sunday, May 22, 2011

Year One: Complete

First year has been over for about a week and it's only been in the last day or two where my mind is finally able to unlock from the "Study All The F'n Time" gear. Hell it wasn't until the third day after my last final before I was finally began to feel as if the stress of school was subsiding.

Funny how that works.

To say I am ecstatic for this year to be over may, in fact, be the understatement of the year. I have neglected this site for the same reason I have neglected everything else the last six months, I felt I had to. Without going into too many details, my school managed to completely rip apart who I am as a person and how I conduct myself both academically and personally.

It wasn't until very recently that I was able to shake off the scratches from that meeting prior to the start of the spring semester and finally be able to feel comfortable once again. Only time in my life I have ever truly doubted it and it frustrates me all to hell that it was induced by others.

So to those deans and profs who said I was unprofessional and would never survive pharmacy school, you can take my As and Bs from this semester and shove them up your ass.

As bad as it sounds, I have resorted to steering people away from my school on the basis of how I, and others, were treated in the past years. Call it my first taste of reality in dealing with egos if you will.

That being said, this place should become a bit more lively in the coming weeks. With rediscovered confidence comes a new-found desire to post nonsensical ramblings. Because honestly, that's what everyone comes here for right?

It's going to be one helluva a summer. And I can't fucking wait.

4 comments:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Congrats, Phat!

Anonymous said...

YAY! You did it as I knew you would. I know that the first year is brutal but you survived and now move on to the second which is much easier!

A said...

It's great to hear good news. I look forward to it. Btw I'm starting a 6 year pharm program next year.

Ju said...

Wow. Sounds like your first year was pretty intense. I start this Fall. Hopefully it won't be as bad. Hope your summer goes well.