Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pre-Pharmacy... Old School

One of our pharmacists retired recently... wait, let me rephrase that. The best pharmacist I have worked with retired recently and is in the process of cleaning out her house so she may move far away from this cold and dreary place.

Earlier this week she brought some of us in things that she had discovered while cleaning. My gift? The Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 44th Edition, 1963

I'm a science geek and I'm a history geek, so I find this utterly fascinating. To learn the material we are learning today without the internet, graphic calculators or any of our modern conveniences must have been staggering.

I've attached a few pics of the book, as I am still leafing through it, just to show off how damned cool it is. Yes, I'm a nerd, sue me.





2 comments:

Frantic Pharmacist said...

I love it! You've got to admire the folks who filled the pages of these books with their experiments and data. Science forever!

Anonymous said...

I have a Goodman and Gillman's from 1941, a Pharmacopoeia of the United Staes of America (USP0 from 1926, and a Pharmaceutical Dispensing textbook from 1941