Sunday, December 19, 2010

Breathing, Peeing and Pooping, Oh My!

Depressing notion for the week... Walked into the library today and the librarian who's working the desk looks at me and goes:
Well hello! So nice to see you again!
I think that's a bad a sign. Or a good sign. Or... I don't know what the hell it means.

Alas, this is the fifth straight night I have been in this wretched little library. Tonight I am learning the intricacies of breathing, peeing and pooping.

Who said there's no glory in studying the human body?

Three more days and freedom awaits me... at least until the little bugger makes his initial appearance. As I sit in the study at night going over material, every time I here her move in the bedroom my blood pressure shoots up as I prepare for her to walk in and say, "It's time."

It's like a game of Russian Roulette, only instead of a bullet it's a small child.

Before one of our finals on Friday, a classmate of mind was bitching to me about how 'stressful' it has been studying for the exams this week.

Really? My wife is about to eject a watermelon from an area which seems like it does not have the space to eject a watermelon. Every time my BlackBerry flashes the LED colors signifying I have a message from her (BTW: if you have a BB, look up the app BerryBuzz. You'll thank me later) my heart flutters a little bit.

Pretty sure when it actually does happen, I will either hyperventilate, piss or shit my pants. Maybe all three, who knows.

At least I know now how precisely each process works. Although we never did cover birthing...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the oncoming child!

Try to get your wife to have the baby through c-section. It's way better than a vajapocalypse.

Anonymous said...

i was just about to say the opposite of above comment. something like 8% of births in U.S.A. are done by midwifes, while in Europe/rest of the world 70% of births are done by midwifes. see documentary: the business of being born. gl

Meghan said...

Congrats!

To Anon: really major surgery that interferes with bonding, breastfeeding, and recovery is better? "Vajapocalypse" doesn't happen very often if you don't give birth on your back....

Frantic Pharmacist said...

When I saw the title of this post, I thought the baby HAD arrived (cause that pretty much sums it up for the first few months!) Stay cool and don't worry, nature takes care of it.